My boyfriend and I have just come away for a few days to Manchester to visit some friends. We always stay in the same hotel which is amazing. I will definitely be doing some posts on our time in Manchester.
But first of all, I have to share with you my sandwich for the journey up here, as it was so yummy and just made from left overs.
Before going away, I always throw out all food that is going to go off whilst we are away. I had a few bits that I didn’t want to throw away this time, so I put them in a sandwich and it was so good! I usually buy lunch when I am out but this has definitely inspired me to make my own lunches more often. It was way more tasty and a lot cheaper than a shop bought lunch.
Here is my recipe:
- I had a ripe avocado left, so I smashed it up so it was lovely and creamy base for the sandwich
- I added the rest of a bag of peppery rocket
- Halved the rest of my sweet tomatoes (I always buy the best quality tomatoes – they can be a little pricey but most definitely worth it. I can’t stand it when they are squidgy)
- The last sprinkle of grated cheese
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top – perfection!!
It was also much healthier than my usual Mcdonalds on our drive up to Manchester. I will definitely be making it again!